"The Bachelor" Debuts to 6.9 Million Viewers
ABC/CRAIG SJODIN(LOS ANGELES) — The Bachelor pulled in a decent audience for its season premiere on Monday night.
The ABC competition, starring Sean Lowe as the “bachelor” this season, drew 6.9 million viewers for its two-hour episode, according to Variety.
On NBC, the new drama Deception got off to a slow start. Its series premiere was seen by 5.7 million viewers.
The most popular primetime program last week was NBC’s broadcast of the Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings NFL playoff game on Saturday night, won by Green Bay. It enjoyed an audience of over 30 million viewers.
NBC won the network ratings race for last week, followed by CBS, Fox, ABC, Univision, ION Television, Telemundo and the CW.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of December 31-January 6, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. NFL Playoff: Minnesota at Green Bay, NBC, 30.28 million.
2. NFL Playoff Pre-Kick, NBC, 29.27 million.
3. NFL Wildcard Post Game: Seattle at Washington, Fox, 19.56 million.
4. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 19.25 million.
5. Person of Interest, CBS, 16.23 million.
6. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 15.41 million.
7. New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, ABC, 13.33 million.
8. Cotton Bowl: Texas A&M at Oklahoma, Fox, 11.94 million.
9. Elementary, CBS, 11.44 million.
10. The Mentalist, CBS, 10.85 million.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.