"NCIS" Tops Reality Shows in the Ratings
Hemera/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Last week’s most-watched primetime show did not involve singing or dancing. The CBS drama NCIS led the way with an audience of 17.33 million viewers.
The following two spots in the Nielsen’s top 10 for the week are also CBS programs: The Big Bang Theory and NCIS: Los Angeles.
NBC’s The Voice was the highest-rated reality competition, drawing 14.15 million viewers for its Monday edition. ABC’s Dancing with the Stars pulled in 13.77 million that same night.
Fox’s American Idol continued its downward trend, placing ninth in the Nielsens with 12.46 million viewers for its Wednesday edition. The Idol results show that aired the following night didn’t crack the top 10.
CBS won the network ratings race for the week, followed by ABC, Fox, NBC, Univision, Telemundo, the CW, and ION Television.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of April 22-28, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. NCIS, CBS, 17.33 million
2. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 15.1 million
3. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.22 million
4. The Voice (Monday), NBC, 14.15 million
5. Dancing with the Stars, ABC, 13.77 million
6. Person of Interest, CBS, 13.22 million
7. The Voice (Tuesday), NBC, 12.78 million
8. Dancing with the Stars Results Show, ABC, 12.65 million
9. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 12.46 million
10. Castle, ABC, 11.76 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.