More than Half of Mobile Device Owners Use Them to Play Games
Goodshoot RF/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Mobile devices obviously help people keep in touch, but they are more and more becoming a popular source of entertainment.
A new survey conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of CouponCabin.com finds more than half of mobile device owners — 51 percent — play games on their devices.
When the survey asked mobile device owners how often they play games on their devices, the respondents replied:
- Play games at least once a week – 41 percent
- Play games at least once a day – 21 percent
- Play games more than once a day – 11 percent
- Once a month or less – 10 percent
Other statistics include:
- Broken down by gender, men are more likely to play games on their mobile devices than women, 54 percent to 48 percent, respectively.
- Forty-five percent of mobile game-playing U.S. adults have downloaded a paid game app on their mobile device.
- In the past 12 months, of the U.S. adults who have paid to download a game on their mobile device, 61 percent have spent between $1 and $10 on game apps. Fifteen percent have paid between $11 and $20, while nine percent have shelled out between $21 and $50. Eleven percent of respondents have spent more than 50 bucks.
- Of U.S. adults who have children under the age of 18, 12 percent say their kids have purchased a game app by mistake. Ten percent say their kids downloaded an app intentionally without their permission.
The Harris Interactive survey involved 2,058 adults and was conducted between May 2 and May 6, 2013.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.