Afghan Officials Claim NATO Airstrike Killed Civilians


Posted on: September 8th, 2013 by ABC News No Comments

Omer Sukru Goksu/Getty Images(KABUL, Afghanistan) — Afghan officials are accusing NATO of killing civilians in an airstrike that left at least ten dead in the country’s remote east.

NATO says that it carried out a “precision strike” that killed 10 “enemy forces.”

Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Sunday that the strike killed 16 civilians, a claim echoed by Kunar Provincial Governor Shukaul Mulk, says the Agence France-Presse. Mulk had previously said that the death toll included 4 militants.

NATO’s International Security Assistance Force denied the claims that civilians had been killed in the strike.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.