Dancing with the Stars Kicks Off a New Season Monday Night
ABC/Ida Mae Astute(LOS ANGELES) — It’s time for a whole new set of celebrities to put on their dancing shoes.
The 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars begins Monday night on ABC at 8 p.m. Eastern time. Some of the names you’ll see in the ballroom include actress Marilu Henner, former Brady Bunch star Maureen McCormick, singer Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, “Ice Ice Baby” rapper Vanilla Ice, VH1 personality Amber Rose, and Olympians Ryan Lochte and Laurie Hernandez.
Henner is fulfilling a personal goal of hers by competing on Dancing with the Stars.
“Oh my gosh. This has been a dream of mine,” the former Taxi star, 64, declared to ABC Radio in a recent interview. “I’ve wanted to do it for so long. It looks like the best party on television. Everybody goes through these life transformations. You get in great shape. And you learn a whole different way of dancing than maybe you did before.
“So I’m very excited about that,” she said.
McCormick is excited for an entirely different reason: Her pro partner, Artem Chigvintsev, isn’t familiar with her work as Marcia Brady on The Brady Bunch.
“It’s incredibly refreshing because he kind of had no conceived ideas,” McCormick noted. “And the only other man I’ve ever met in my life other than Artem that had no idea who I was was my husband. When I first met him he had never seen the show. So, yeah. Love, love no preconceived anything.” (AUDIO IS ABC 1-ON-1)
On Monday night, the 13 couples will perform either the jive, foxtrot, cha cha or Viennese waltz. No one will be eliminated this week.
Here’s a rundown of the couples and the songs they’ll dance to:
* Jake T. Austin & Jenna Johnson, jive, “Kiss You” by One Direction
* Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds & Allison Holker, foxtrot, “Deed I Do” by Ray Charles
* Marilu Henner & Derek Hough, jive, “Can’t Stop Dancing” by Becky G
* Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy, cha cha, “American Girl” by Bonnie McKee
* James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess, foxtrot, “Live Life” by Zayde Wølf
* Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold, cha cha, “That’s What I Like” by Flo Rida feat. Fitz Lunchmoney
* Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber, jive, “Stuff Like That There” by Betty Hutton
* Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko, Viennese Waltz, “Dangerous Woman” by Ariana Grande
* Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke, foxtrot, “Call Me Irresponsible” by Michael Bublé
* Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev, Viennese Waltz, “You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman” by Mary J. Blige
* Rick Perry & Emma Slater, cha cha, “God Blessed Texas” by Little Texas
* Amber Rose & Maksim Chmerkovskiy, foxtrot, “Here” by Alessia Cara
* Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) & Witney Carson, cha cha, “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.