"Dancing with the Stars" host Erin Andrews weds Jarret Stoll


Posted on: June 26th, 2017 by ABC News No Comments

ABC/Randy Holmes

(LOS ANGELES) — Congrats are in order for Erin Andrews!

The Dancing with the Stars host wed her longtime boyfriend, former NHL player Jarret Stoll, on Saturday in Montana, ABC News has confirmed.

The couple began dating in 2012 and became engaged in December.

Andrews, 39, opened up about her engagement on Good Morning America back in January.

“We went there for Christmas to see the Christmas decorations, and we had a lovely dinner there and he did it right there at dinner at Disneyland,” Andrews detailed. “I was bawling like a child.”

The Walt Disney Co. is the parent company of ABC News.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Monday, June 26, 2017 at 6:00AM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Ron Howard “beyond grateful” to helm Han Solo movie

 Comments Off Share Article

Getty Images/Richard Bord(LOS ANGELES) — Ron Howard is as psyched as many fans are by the news he’s taken the reigns of the still-untitled Han Solo stand-alone film.

“I’m beyond grateful to add my voice to the Star Wars Universe after being a fan since 5/25/77,” tweeted the Oscar-winning director, who’s known George Lucas since he starred in the Star Wars creator’s  1973’s hit, American Graffiti.

“I hope to honor the great work already done & help deliver on the promise of a Han Solo film,” Howard continued, referencing the contributions of movie’s previous directors, The LEGO Movie‘s Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The pair exited the Han Solo earlier this week over creative differences with the executive production team.

 

I’m beyond grateful to add my voice to the Star Wars Universe after being a fan since 5/25/77.

I hope to honor the great work already done & help deliver on the promise of a Han Solo film.

 

Filming on the movie will get back on track July 10, according to Lucasfilm.

The Han Solo movie, which stars Alden Ehrenreich as a younger version of the scoundrel famously played by Harrison Ford in the Star Wars movies, is still slated for a May 25, 2018 release.

Atlanta star Donald Glover will play the young Lando Calrissian, and Woody Harrelson has been cast as unlikely mentor for the pilot, smuggler, and scruffy-looking Nerf herder to-be. Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke is also in the cast.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 7:00PM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Johnny Depp says “assassination” comment about President Trump was a “bad joke”

 Comments Off Share Article

ABC/Randy Holmes

(LOS ANGELES) — Hours after actor Johnny Depp made it sound like he’d be interested in killing President Trump, he’s saying he’s sorry.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star seemingly referenced Abraham Lincoln’s assassin, actor John Wilkes Booth, while Depp introduced his new film The Libertine at England’s Glastonbury Festival Thursday. Depp asked the crowd, “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?”

He then added, “Maybe it’s time.” 

Following a huge outcry, and a condemnation by the White House, Depp now tells People, “I apologize for the bad joke I attempted last night in poor taste about President Trump. It did not come out as intended…I intended no malice. I was only trying to amuse, not to harm anyone.”

In a statement, the White House said, “President Trump has condemned violence in all forms and it’s sad that others like Johnny Depp have not followed his lead.”

The statement added that the White House hoped that, “some of Mr. Depp’s colleagues will speak out against this type of rhetoric as strongly as they would if his comments were directed to a Democratic elected official.”

The actor is just the latest celebrity to level violent words against the president. 

Back in January, Madonna told a crowd she, “thought a lot about blowing up the White House.” She later said she was taken out of context.

Weeks ago, comedienne Kathy Griffin apologized for a photo shoot in which she held a bloodied dummy head made to look like President Trump’s.

The Central Park’s Shakespeare in the Park retelling of Julius Caesar currently features the title character, actor Gregg Henry, specifically dressed like Trump, getting stabbed to death nightly.

Depp’s “assassination” message comes weeks after a disgruntled former Bernie Sanders campaign volunteer opened fire on a group of Republican legislators, critically wounding Rep. Steve Scalise.

 

 

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

 

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 3:01PM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Josh Duhamel returns in “Transformers: The Last Knight”

 Comments Off Share Article

ABC Radio – 2017(NEW YORK) — Actor Josh Duhamel has starred in all but one film in the money-minting Transformers franchise — the previous installment, Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Speaking to ABC Radio’s Good Morning America After Hours, the actor joked that his Transformers: The Last Knight co-star Mark Wahlberg was to blame for his skipping the fourth episode.

“I think Wahlberg had that in his clause: ‘I’m in, but Duhamel’s gotta be out.'” This time around? “We filed a motion,” Duhamel said with a laugh.

The actor explains what’s at stake in The Last Knight, where we learn robots that transform into cars have been around on Earth for longer than there have been cars.  Way longer: they were part of the Arthurian legend, and Bumblebee fought Nazis in World War II. 

Now they’re fighting for their robotic lives in the modern day. 

Duhamel’s Lt. Colonel William Lennox has seen it all in his history with Optimus Prime and his fellow heroic Autobots.

“There’s been a worldwide sort of mandate to destroy all Transformers from the face of the earth, because they’re just causing too much destruction, they’re invading us, and people don’t want them around,” says Duhamel. 

“And so, I don’t really feel good about that because I have a relationship with the Autobots. Not a romantic relationship,” the actor jokes, “But you know, I love these guys as much as you can love a robot.” 

Director Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight, which stars Anthony Hopkins and Stanley Tucci, is in theaters now.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 1:00PM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

At British appearance, Johnny Depp jokes about assassinating president

 Comments Off Share Article

ABC/Randy Holmes

(SOMERSET, ENGLAND) — Johnny Depp was on hand at England’s Glastonbury Festival to introduce a screening of his 2004 film The Libertine, on Thursday, when he decided to talk American politics during an audience question-and-answer session.

“I think he needs help,” the actor said of Donald Trump, reported The Telegraph. “There are a lot of dark places he could go.”

Then Depp himself went to a dark place.  In a video of the event posted to NME’s YouTube channel, Depp can be seen saying,  “This gonna be in the press and it’s gonna be horrible, but I like that you are all a part of it — when was the last time an actor assassinated a president?”

After naming Trump specifically drew boos from the audience, Depp stepped back, a little. “I want to clarify, I’m not an actor,” Depp said. “I lie for a living. However it’s been a while. Maybe it’s about time.”

It seems Depp was referencing actor John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated President Abraham Lincoln in 1865.

The actor is just the latest celebrity to level violent rhetoric against the president; it comes just weeks after comedienne Kathy Griffin made headlines for a photo shoot in which she held a bloodied dummy head made to look like President Trump’s, and also comes amidst controversy over the Central Park Summer Stage’s retelling of Julius Caesar that stages, nightly, the title character specifically dressed like the president getting stabbed to death.

In a statement to ABC News, the Secret Service said: “We actively monitor open source reporting, including social media networks, and we evaluate potential threats. For security reasons, we cannot discuss specifically nor in general terms the means and methods of how we perform our protective responsibilities.”

ABC News has asked both Depp’s publicist and the White House for comment.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

 

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:00AM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Bill Cosby planning speaking engagements about sexual assault, rep says 

 Comments Off Share Article

Gilbert Carrasquillo/WireImage(NEW YORK) — Bill Cosby is planning speaking engagements to educate people about the sexual assault allegations made against him, his publicist, Andrew Wyatt, told ABC News Thursday.

Wyatt said he’d been contacted by a number of organizations, including churches, asking for Cosby to “come out and speak to young men and women on how this could affect their lives.”

“This is bigger than Mr. Cosby now. … Mr. Cosby is going to go out and use his voice, to let it be heard, and to try to educate young men and women on how to avoid this because they do not have the wealth of resources that he has,” Wyatt said. “But I think that he can give them some direction.”

He added that people don’t know enough about what constitutes an allegation of sexual assault.

“You could walk in a baseball game, a crowded baseball game, and you could bump up against a female, touch her butt or her breasts by accident and that’s sexual assault,” Wyatt said.

Cosby. 79, was charged in 2015 with sexually assaulting Andrew Constand more than a decade ago, but jurors at his trial earlier this month in Norristown, PA, were unable to render a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts.  Cosby pleaded not guilty and described the sexual encounter as consensual.

More than 50 women have come forward with claims that the comedian drugged and/or sexually assaulted them, but Cosby has denied all allegations of wrongdoing.  He has not been criminally charged as a result of any of those accusations.

Montgomery Country, PA, District Attorney Kevin Steele has said he plans to re-try the comedian.

 

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 8:21AM by ABC News Radio PermalinkPermalink

“Transformers: The Last Knight” leads this week’s new releases

 Comments Off Share Article

qParamount Pictures/Bay F – © 2017 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.(LOS ANGELES) — Opened nationwide on Wednesday:

Transformers: The Last Knight — Humans and Transformers are at war and Optimus Prime is gone in this fifth installment of the Transformers franchise. Once again, it’s up to Mark Wahlberg’s Cade Yaeger and his cohorts to save the world. Anthony Hopkins and Laura Haddock co-star. Rated PG-13.

Opening in limited release on Friday:

The Bad Batch — Suki Waterhouse, Jason Momoa, Keanu Reeves and Jim Carey star in this sci-fi love story set in a community of cannibals. Rated R.

The Beguiled —  Sofia Coppola’s reboot of the 1971 Civil War-era drama stars Colin Farrell as an injured Union soldier who seeks refuge at a girls’ school in Virginia, leading to rivalries and an unexpected turn of events. Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst and Elle Fanning also star. Rated R.

The Big Sick — This romantic comedy from Bridesmaids and Trainwreck producer Judd Apatow stars Silicon Valley‘s Kumail Nanjiani and Zoe Kazan as a couple dealing with their cultural differences as their relationship grows. Co-starring Holly Hunter and Ray Romano. Rated R.

 

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Friday, June 23, 2017 at 6:01AM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Marisa Tomei talks “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” looks back at “My Cousin Vinny”

 Comments Off Share Article

Getty Images/Monica Schipper(NEW YORK) — After making her debut as the character in Captain America: Civil War, Marisa Tomei is back as Peter Parker’s Aunt May in the upcoming film Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America on Thursday, the Oscar-winning actress acknowledged that her character has previously been portrayed as a much older, gray-haired grandmotherly type.  But, as she told ABC’s Lara Spencer, “She’s actually [Peter’s] aunt by marriage, so she can be any age really. It just depends when I met Uncle Ben.”

In Civil War,  Robert Downey Jr.’s Stark refers to Tomei, his one-time co-star in the movie Only You, as “Aunt Hottie.” For Spider-Man: Homecoming, Tomei reveals that they filmed a scene that indicated May and Stark have a history.

 “…At one point we had a background where she had seen him at a protest — she was protesting his corporation and they still eyeballed each other,” Tomei said, adding that she’s not sure if that scene made the final cut.

Tomei, who won the best supporting actress Oscar for her role as Mona Lisa Vito in 1992’s My Cousin Vinny, told Spencer that she still holds the comedy near and dear to her heart 25 years after its release.

“That’s why I’m so happy that I got to be a part of it, because it lives on, it’s funny,” Tomei said. “It makes people laugh.”

Spider-Man: Homecoming, which stars Michael Keaton, Downey, Zendaya and Tom Holland as Spidey, swings into theaters July 7.

The movie is a co-production of Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios, the latter of which, like ABC News, is owned by Disney.

 

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 7:00PM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Ariel Winter trashes tabloid for claiming she bankrolls her boyfriend

 Comments Off Share Article

 ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — Ariel Winter is not giving her new boyfriend a free ride and she took to her Instagram account on Wednesday to shoot down the rumor.

The Modern Family star was responding to a story in Star magazine claiming that she gives her boyfriend, Levi Meaden, an allowance.

Winter, 19, opened by calling the tabloid “trash,” adding, “Seriously, how dare you make up stuff that you have no idea about?”

“I have a BOYFRIEND and a PERSONAL ASSISTANT who are NOT the same person,” she continued. “I would NEVER pay my boyfriend ANY sort of allowance, nor would he EVER accept if I offered.”

“He BUYS his own stuff whether it’s for me or himself, and he more than pulls his weight for our life,” she insists. “I HATE fake news, but I guess that’s what our world has come to. Get your s*** straight. I don’t support anyone, and I don’t need anyone to support me.”

Finally, she writes, “He’s got a full career (including something huge that’s new) and works hard for it. He’s not just someone’s boyfriend,” Winter concluded. “So if you don’t know us, don’t comment. Xoxo.”

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 3:01PM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink

Will Arnett says “The Gong Show” is “about having a good time” 

 Comments Off Share Article

ABC/Greg Gayne(NEW YORK) — If you ask Will Arnett why he decided to executive produce a reboot of the campy ’70s game show The Gong Show, and the Arrested Development star will smile. 

“Anytime you say the name The Gong Show, you smile,” he told Good Morning America After Hours host Lynda Lopez. “I had such good memories of the [original] show, and I thought, ‘When you have something like that…it has so much good will built in…It’s so much fun, and it’d be nice to do a show that’s just about having a good time.” 

Like the original, celebrity judges are key to the reboot, which debuts Thursday night. “Everybody from Jack Black, to Zach Galifianakis, to Will Forte and Fred Armisen, and Elizabeth Banks…the list just keeps going. All these fun, funny people, who are friends of mine, who had the same reaction that I did about The Gong Show, and said, ‘Yeah, I wanna come on.'”

The show is hosted by Tommy Maitland — a fictional British comedian who’s actually Mike Myers in disguise.  Even so, Arnett insists he’s been a Maitland fan for years. 

“I was looking forward to Tommy exposing himself to America,” Arnett deadpanned. 

The Gong Show debuts Thursday night at 10 p.m. Eastern time on ABC.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 1:01PM by Stephen Iervolino PermalinkPermalink
Page 1 2 3 4 5  2030 NEXT 10 ENTRIES »



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Seymour Sales and Service