Report: Deadpool 2 resumes production after stuntwoman’s death


Posted on: August 17th, 2017 by ABC News No Comments

20th Century FoxProduction has started again on Deadpool 2, two days after a stuntwoman was killed on set.

A representative of the local actors’ union in British Columbia, where the movie is being shot, told The Hollywood Reporter that the union had been told that production had resumed Wednesday.

The stuntwoman, Joi “SJ” Harris, died when she apparently lost control of her motorcycle and crashed through a plate glass window on Monday.
Harris’ motorcycle racing team posted a statement to Facebook on Tuesday writing, “”We are deeply saddened and heartbroken by the loss of Joi “SJ” Harris,” calling her “an extraordinary woman with a passion for riding and motorsports,” with a “beautiful spirit and bubbly personality” who “will be remembered for her ground breaking career as the first African American female road racer.”

On Monday a spokesman for 20th Century Fox, Deadpool 2‘s distributor, released the following statement to ABC News: “We are deeply saddened by the accident that occurred on the set of Deadpool 2 this morning. Our hearts and prayers are with the family, friends and colleagues of our crew member during this difficult time.”

Star and producer Ryan Reynolds himself also tweeted a statement, saying in part he and others were “heartbroken, shocked and devastated…but recognize nothing can come close to the grief and inexplicable pain her family and loves ones must feel in this moment.  My heart pours out to them – along with each and every person she touched in this world.”

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.