Billionaire Richard Branson announces Virgin Voyages adult-only cruise line


Posted on: November 1st, 2017 by ABC News No Comments

Rawpixel/iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Billionaire Richard Branson unveiled his newest venture on Wednesday, an adult-only cruise line set to launch in 2020.

Branson said that he had been considering launching a cruise line for some time, and that he believes “the industry is ripe for positive disruption.”

“Virgin has changed the face of many industries for the better,” a statement from the company read, “including aviation and trains (and very soon spaceships), and it’s really exciting we’re about to do the same in the cruise industry.”

Branson pitches Virgin Voyages as a cruise line “all about relaxation, rejuvenation and fun.”

The line is expected to welcome passengers over the age of 18.

“Virgin Voyages is also committing to creating the cleanest fleet on the sea,” Branson said, “as ocean preservation is paramount. Our goal is to be a ship that leaves nothing behind except great memories.”

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.