Jared Leto distances himself from Hugh Hefner biopic following Brett Ratner allegations
ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — Last month, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Jared Leto was set to star as Hugh Hefner in a biopic about the late Playboy founder, directed by Brett Ratner. Now, following allegations of sexual misconduct against Ratner, the actor and Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman has distanced himself from the project.
“Jared Leto is not and was not attached to a Brett Ratner-directed Hugh Hefner film, nor will he be working with him in the future,” the rep told Deadline. “Earlier reports were incorrect and not confirmed by his representatives.”
In the original THR article, Ratner called Leto an “old friend.” “When [Leto] heard I got the rights to Hef’s story, he told me, ‘I want to play him. I want to understand him,'” Ratner said.
In a The Los Angeles Times feature article posted Wednesday, six actresses, including Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, accused Ratner of making inappropriate sexual overtures to them, including allegedly forcing Hentsridge to perform oral sex, and masturbating in full view of Munn.
Through his attorney, Ratner has “vehemently” denied the allegations, and has just filed a lawsuit against antother woman, Melanie Kohler, who claimed he raped her after they met at a party years ago.
Through his attorney, the filmmaker denied that allegation, calling Kohler’s claims “malicious,” and “outrageous.”
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.