Structure fire in Michigan City
On Tuesday around 11:30 AM the Michigan City Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at 111 Beachwalk Lane. Upon arrival, firefighters found a two story home with light smoke inside and smoke coming from the chimney area outside. Crews inside the structure found the rafters on fire in the attic near the chimney and were able to extinguish the fire within minutes. According to Fire Marshall Kyle Kazmierczak the fire appeared to have started due to a buildup of creosote in the fire Chimney. Two residents were home at the time of the Fire and escaped without any injuries. Check out WIMSradio.com for more on this story including chimney tips.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.