Terry Crews says "Expendables" producer tried to pressure him into dropping his WME lawsuit
(LOS ANGELES) — Terry Crews is accusing a Expendables 4 producer of pressuring him to drop his lawsuit against talent agency William Morris Endeavor and agent Adam Venit, whom Crews says sexually assaulted him.
In a tweet over the weekend, Crews says a producer from the forthcoming Expendables film had reached out to him about dropping his sexual assault lawsuit.
“Management got a call last week from Avi Lerner producer of EXPENDABLES 4 saying I could avoid any ‘problems’ on the sequel if I dropped my case against @WME,” Crews tweeted.
Crews continued, “Guess who’s Sly’s agent? ADAM VENIT.” Crews’ is referring to The Expendables franchise star and producer, Sylvester Stallone.
The Brooklyn Nine-Nine star has appeared in all three of The Expendables films alongside Stallone. The fourth installment is currently in development.
As previously reported, Crews is suing WME and Venit for a range of causes including assault, sexual battery, sexual harassment, and gender violence in addition to breach of fiduciary duty and negligence.
The lawsuit, which demands a jury trial and seeks unspecified damages, came less than a month after Crews filed a police report November 8, 2017, a source inside the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to ABC News at the time.
After an internal investigation, Venit received a 30-day suspension from WME and was subsequently stripped of his department head title. He returned to work November 27.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.