The Michigan City Transit Department announces some minor changes
The Michigan City Transit Department would like to announce a couple of minor changes to two bus routes. These changes will take effect on: Monday, October 6, 2014.
ROUTE #1-CURRENTLY travels:
- Liberty Trail north to US HWY 12
- US Hwy 12 east to Karwick Road and the Karwick Plaza (bus stop)
- South on Karwick Road to Lakeland Estates ( bus turns around)
- North on Karwick Road to Martin Luther King Drive
- Northwest on Martin Luther King Drive to US Hwy 12
- West on US Hwy 12 back to Liberty Trail.ROUTE #1-CHANGES:
- Liberty Trail South to Springland Ave.
- Springland Avenue to Karwick Road
- North on Karwick Road to Karwick Plaza (bus turns around)
- South on Karwick Road to Springland Avenue
- Springland Avenue east to Liberty Trail (resuming the route) ROUTE #3-CURRENTLY travels:
- Frequency of service in this area would be increased to twice hourly.
- West on 4th Street to Washington Street
- South on Washington Street to 9th Street
- East on 9th Street
- ROUTE #3-CHANGES:
- West on 4th Street to Wabash Street
- South on Wabash Street (servicing Lighthouse Place Outlet Mall) to 9th Street
- East on to 9th Street.