"A Wrinkle in Time" and "Gringo" are among this week’s new releases
Walt Disney Pictures
(LOS ANGELES) — Here are the movies opening in wide release Friday:
* A Wrinkle in Time — The highly anticipated film adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s beloved children’s book centers on Meg, her brother and her friend — played by Storm Reid, Deric McCabe and Levi Miller — who are sent into space by three supernatural beings — portrayed by Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling — to find the two siblings’ missing father, played by Chris Pine. Also starring Zach Galifianakis. Rated PG.
* Gringo — David Oyelowo stars as a businessman on a trip to Mexico who finds himself on the wrong side of the law and at the mercy of backstabbing colleagues, drug lords and a black ops mercenary in this dark action/comedy. Joel Edgerton, Charlize Theron and Amanda Seyfried also star. Rated R.
* The Strangers: Prey at Night — The sequel to 2008’s The Strangers centers on a family whose vacation in a secluded trailer park turns into a nightmare when they’re visited by three masked psychopaths. Starring Mad Men‘s Christina Hendricks, Grey’s Anatomy‘s Martin Henderson, Lewis Pullman and Once Upon a Time‘s Bailee Madison. Rated R.
* The Hurricane Heist — Toby Kebbell, Californacation‘s Maggie Grace, True Blood‘s Ryan Kwanten and Ralph Ineson play a band of thieves who attempt to rob the U.S. Treasury as a Category 5 hurricane approaches one of the local treasury facilities. Rated PG-13.
Opening in limited release Friday:
* The Leisure Seeker — Donald Sutherland and Helen Mirren star in this comedy about a runaway couple on an unforgettable journey in their trusty RV they call “The Leisure Seeker.” Rated R.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.