NIPSCO Awards $50,000 in Public Safety Education and Training Grants
Thirteen local organizations will receive grants from NIPSCO—totaling $50,000—to help fund their safety and educational projects and programs throughout northern Indiana.
“This was the first year we offered this grant and we were impressed to see the number of applications we received,” said Karen McCoy, public affairs manager. “Public safety, education and training, in all forms, are very important to us at NIPSCO and we’re excited to be able to assist these organizations in their mission.”
This year’s recipients include:
· Valparaiso Police Department, Project Safe Pathways
· City of Hammond Fire Department, Fire Prevention Education
· La Porte County Juvenile Serve Center Task Force, PACER’s National Bullying Prevention
· Boys & Girls Club of Fort Wayne Indiana, Blue Bucket Brigade (BBB)
· Andrean High School, ALICE (Alert Lockdown Inform Counter Evacuate) Training
· Big Brothers Big Sisters of NE Indiana, EMPOWER Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
· Valparaiso Fire Department, Active Shooter Awareness for Educators
· District 2 Hospital Preparedness Planning Committee, Stop the Bleed Kit
· Portage Township DBA SW Central Fire Territory, Gas Detectors
· Kouts Volunteer Fire Department, Fire Prevention Program
· Center Township Volunteer Fire Department of La Porte, Fire Prevention Materials
· Michigan City High School Grant Acceptance Fund, Fire Science Fire Prevention
· Harrison Township Volunteer Fire Department, Emergency Responder Training
For more information visit NIPSCO.com/SafetyGrant.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.