NIPSCO electric rate case: Public input invited
If you would like to comment on Northern Indiana Public Service Company’s (NIPSCO’s) request for an electric rate increase, you have the opportunity to do so.
· Send written comments to the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) by Thursday, Jan. 31, and/or
· Speak at either of the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission’s (IURC’s) public field hearings in this case.
The IURC public hearings are scheduled for:
· Monday, Jan. 28, in Hammond (Hammond High School Auditorium, 5926 Calumet Ave.) and
· Wednesday, Jan. 30, in Goshen (Goshen College Newcomer Center, 1900 S. Main St.).
Each hearing starts at 6:00 p.m. local time. Consumers are encouraged to arrive by 5:45 p.m. for an overview of field hearing procedures and the rate case process. During the field hearings:
· Consumers will be able to speak directly to the Commission, under oath and on the record, regarding the case.
· Consumers will also be able to submit written comments for the case record.
· Commissioners are not allowed to answer questions. However, OUCC staff will be available before, during, and after each hearing to address questions about the process.
The OUCC, the state agency representing consumer interests in cases before the IURC, is using its legal and technical resources to review NIPSCO’s request and is scheduled to file testimony on Feb. 6th.
OUCC analysts are reviewing the potential impact of the proposed increase, including its effects on residential bills.
Consumers who wish to submit written comments for the case record may do so via the OUCC’s website at www.in.gov/oucc/2361.htm, via email at [email protected], or by mail at:
Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Deadline is no later than Jan. 31st.
Comments should include the consumer’s name, mailing address, and a reference to “IURC Cause No. 45159.” Consumers with questions about submitting written comments can contact the OUCC’s consumer services staff toll-free at 1-888-441-2494. Please do not include account numbers or other sensitive information.
Additional parties that have formally intervened in this case include eight municipal governments (the Cities of East Chicago and Valparaiso, and the Towns of Highland, Schererville, Munster, Dyer, Griffith, and Winfield), the Sierra Club, the Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, the Indiana Coal Council, Peabody Coalsales, Wal-Mart, and a number of the utility’s industrial customers (including Accurate Castings, ArcelorMittal, BP Products North America, Cargill, Enbridge Energy, NLMK, Praxair, and USG Corporation). Any testimony from the intervenors is due on Feb. 6th.
The OUCC is posting updates on this case at www.in.gov/oucc/2901.htm. Case updates are also available through the agency’s monthly electronic newsletter. Consumers can subscribe at www.in.gov/oucc/2877.htm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.